How the board works
Our board has 8 non-executive directors who report to the Minister of Health. They help set our strategic goals and oversee our hospitals and health services.
Our Board Charter [PDF 668.27 KB] sets out:
- the role of our board members
- how our board is managed and should perform
- what they can do and when
- what they must record and report.
Our board is also governed by the following laws and regulations:
- Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011
- Hospital and Health Boards Regulation 2023 [PDF 0 KB]
- Executive Committee Charter [PDF 7523.54 KB]
- Finance Committee Charter [PDF 6577.68 KB]
- Safety and Quality Committee Charter [PDF 7457.38 KB]
- Audit and Risk Committee Charter [PDF 2831.9 KB]
- Internal Audit Charter [PDF 339.72 KB].
Board meeting summaries
We publish board meeting summaries for the past 12 months. They include who attended the meeting and what was discussed. They also record any decisions they make.
- September 2023 [PDF 187.71 KB]
- August 2023 [PDF 185.6 KB]
- July 2023 [PDF 181.77 KB]
- June 2023 [PDF 184.36 KB]
- May 2023 [PDF 181.14 KB]
- April 2023 [PDF 187.81 KB]
- March 2023 [PDF 441.46 KB]
- February 2023 [PDF 187.95 KB]
- January 2023 – no meeting
- December 2022 [PDF 243.91 KB]
- November 2022 [PDF 213.88 KB]
- October 2022 [PDF 215.02 KB]
- September 2022 [PDF 217.67 KB]
- August 2022 [PDF 245.02 KB]